True Love Is DEAD!

Status: IU, queen of making relatable songs.
Song: Palette by IU feat G-Dragon.
___________________________________________________________

Last night, after a week of working adult life, my mum came up to me and asked me if I want to go to Kajang next morning. Naturally, my first question would be, 'Why would I want to go to nowheresville on a weekend at 9 frickin am?'

Then she said it's for a wedding for one of those relatives who I could never remember the names or faces. I call them the family with a bungalow in Kajang.

My first reaction was so violent. I literally in a split second said, 'Ew, no.'

Like the whole question offended me.

There is a reason for that and it's up to the readers out there to decide if I'm being an actual judgemental asshole or not.

I am someone who is proudly an open-minded person. I can accept anything except like um.. cannibalism and uhh.. bestiality. I even accept the ever controversial polygamy marriage (as long as it doesn't happen to me).

So I don't know why I am being so judgey and assholey towards this marriage.

Is it because I am actually a romantic at heart?

Or is it because I just hate these type of men?


Let me explain. 
I have these relatives live in a big bungalow in the middle of nowhere. I never talk to them but I always visit their house every Raya. I could never remember their names or faces because to me, they're not that important and for a big house, they give small amount of duit raya.

I don't know how we are even related.

I'm bad at remembering relatives' names, I can't even remember the names of my cousins' children.
These are all unimportant things to me.

Anyway, months ago, the wife of this old guy passed away. I remember that because that was my first funeral I went to in years. I ditched my hectic UM life for this funeral. I'm guessing we are actually closely related??

Imagine my surprise when I found out this relative of mine is marrying someone few months after his wife passed away.

I was so offended by it because wow. Is the wife THAT replaceable? Did he wait for his wife to die so he can swiftly marry another shinier, younger one?

For your information, this isn't some healthy 30 years old man. This is a 70-something years old man who had been married for possibly more than 4 decades with this nice (bless her soul) woman.

That's like replacing your best friend of 40 years with a stranger you just met a few years. How is she comparable to this women who put up with your shit for 40++ years?

I always say I am not a romantic person at heart but I get so upset by this.

When my mum told me this, I bluntly asked her, "Umm.. but why?"

My aunt who probably trying to look things in a positive way said it's because he's lonely since he's always with his deceased wife all the time.

Yeah well, my late grandmother had been living her life alone, husbandless for years after my grandfather passed away.

If I ever get married, I would tell my husband to at least wait for 1 year (even this I'm going to side-eye him from the grave, how dare you?!) before looking for a new wife. I'm going to put this in my will because I bet there are a lot of women ready to pounce on my husband (he's married to me, so he's one in a million)  once I die.

Why can't men be loyal? Why can't they keep it in their pants?
Do men really see us as a replaceable sex-slash-maid object?

I don't think people know how upsetting this is to me.

This is why I can't get myself to commit to a relationship. Much more, a marriage.

Now, I'm going to read epic romance with angst riddled story to cleanse my mind, my soul and my eyes after seeing my mom and my aunt sharing their photo of the 'newlywed'.

I know about what you did and I wanna scream the truth . She thinks you love the beach, you're such a damn liar.
Those great whites, they have big teeth. Hope they bite you. 
Thought you said that you would always be in love but you're not in love, no more; -Green Light, Lorde. 

Comments